the cultural charm and inspirational beauty of our natural world
Karma Living encapsulates the cultural charm and inspirational beauty of our natural world and presents unique, ethnic arts and crafts for your home. Karma Living focuses on developing countries and is committed to buying at source in an effort to reduce poverty by encouraging local trade.
The Karma Living product range encompasses the very best of world arts, crafts, textiles, sculpture, ceramics, metalwork, woodcarvings and jewellery, specifically focusing on hand made, hand painted and hand crafted pieces.
Products & Services
The Karma Living website was created using the Website Commex product. In addition to the product, Software Development services were used to customize and integrate the product in the custmer environment. Since the project was delivered, the Application Outsourcing services were used so that FGsys is responsible for the hosting and maintenance of the website.
To create a corporate brand for Karma Living to be used both online and within their West London showroom.
- Following a detailed market research process and extensive discussions with the client a full Corporate Branding lifecycle was executed.
- The resulting brand, tag line, colour palette and corporate guidelines ensured complete continuity both on and offline.
To implement a world class E-Commerce environment presenting the diverse range of Karma Living products.
- Following a structured consultative phase the client?s exact requirements were specified and the project scope and deliverables were documented in detail.
- A full implementation of the FGsys Website Commex was executed segmenting the large product range into key site sections making navigation effortless.
To showcase the level of detail and workmanship the artists have invested in each of the pieces.
- The FGsys Website Commex dynamically optimises images for the web ensuring the best possible balance between site speed and fine image quality.
- A custom product showcase feature was enabled allowing an unlimited amount of photographs per product to be displayed from multiple angles and in fine detail.
To provide a number of ways to browse the product range to suit the user.
- Due to the careful planning in the initial consultative phases of the project many 'routes' or 'user journeys' to each individual product were possible.
- Users were able to browse by product or by region. Additionally detailed search facilities were provided.
- Finally FGsys created an interactive Flash map of the World highlighting areas where Karma Living source their product range with the option to learn more about that region, view sample photographs or view products available.
To drive traffic to the site and build a loyal database of users.
- As with all FGsys Website Commex implementations the site was developed with search engine optimisation as a fundamental principle enabling indexing of the site right from launch.
- Users were afforded a high level of control within the site including order tracking in the My Account section.
- A number of proven Viral Marketing principles were implemented and measured for effectiveness.
- FGsys was afforded a large amount of control and accountability via an FGsys Managed Site contract ensuring optimal site performance and large volumes of relevant traffic.
To have complete control over every aspect of the site.
- One of the hallmarks of an FGsys Website Commex implementation is empowering the client to control every element of the environment.
- All aspects of the site were easy to manage using an intuitive Administrative interface.
- The Site was closely integrated with FedEx and Secure Trading allowing a huge amount of control and flexibility over both fulfilment and payment.
- Detailed reporting and statistical analysis specific to Karma Living were developed with the option to view information in tabular form, graphical form or to export the data for analysis in another package.
To create an offline campaign to support the launch of the web site.
- After exploring a range of marketing mediums and options a number of advertisement concepts were created.
- A detailed media pack and PR campaign was embarked upon to generate interest in the unique Karma Living approach and range of products.
- A range of banners were created to capitalise on the Christmas market.